Finally I got the opportunity to take the engine apart to check for corrosion. I also checked the crankshaft. The shaft was straight and no corrosion was found. The pistons and cylinders was all fine. There are a lot of information to find on the internet. I printed out all the manuals there was to find. Rotaxowner.com has all the manuals except the repair manual. But at ultralightflyer.com and ultralightairchraft.com I bought a rebuilding video and downloaded a rebuilding manual. Rebuilding engines is for me one of the most rewarding thing to do.
Now I have preserved the rotax 582UL engine and sealed it up waiting for the akka to be ready for it’s engine.
Jag är ett sätt att tänka.