Category: AKKA/Tierra

Painting cabin. 10h.

Using my house latex paint and Latex additive Liquitex. I can’t get hold of Floetrol in europe, so I try using Liquitex. It seems to work out nicely. One problem I have is that the foam roller is producing hundreds of small bubbles when I apply the paint. I have to flatten the paint out with the roller about one minute after I have applied the wet paint. The Liquitex seems to make the paint surface flow out again. I will see tomorrow if it has worked.
So far I have painted 5 layers.

One thing I don’t know what to do with, is the  paint bleeding through the fabric, making the inside looking ugly. I really don’t feel like masking off the inside cabin and paint the fabric…

image

First layer. 70% paint. 20% liquitex. 10% water. Working the paint through the fabric, ensuring to make a god mechanical bond.

image

Ugly bleed through.

image

I didn’t mask of the glue, big mistake. Looks even more ugly on the inside.

image

5 layers.

image

image

image

Jag är ett sätt att tänka.

Front cabin enclosures 1h

image

I am dying to start using what we learned on the EAA aircraft covering course. So I started  covering the cabin. Using aircraft fabric covering system from polyfiber polyester fabric and randolph fabric cement. And of course, latex paint!
My wife did also attend on the covering course, and she knows fabric…I just need to get her in to the shop…

Jag är ett sätt att tänka.

Oil tank. 8h.

A new oil tank. Using a thin can, aeroplane fuel tank sealer compound, rubber mounts, pop rivets, steel brackets, tank tube, and some paint.

image

image

image

image

Jag är ett sätt att tänka.