In the middle of moving and wedding planning, I had the urge to start rebuilding my plane. I have been looking around on the internet trying to find information about this plane. I found out that this bird was renamed in the late -90 to the T-bird. The Tierra Owners had changed to Golden Circle Inc and year 2005 Indy aircraft took over the constructions. This manufacturer seem to have a lot if issues, they require the customer to buy stuff from them for at least 1000 dollar before even answering the phone or mail. I think I will manage without those people. one site I found helpful is the yahoo t-bird group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tbird-ul/ The Terratorn Tierra assy manual was available there. A lot of god pictures is uploaded on the site.
So, I teared down the old cabin sail (it is not glued, only tied to the frame). I hope the sailmaker want to make a new one for me. The doors is old plexiglas and has gotten yellow. I am going to buy new UV stable 2mm polycarbonate glas ak. makrolon/lexan and build new doors. The roof glas is ok I think.
Next I need to get the engine inside. I want to rebuild it. I have taken pictures of every step, but I have not enough spece on the blog for it. Maybe I will buy more space on wordpress later.
Hopefully, I can start working on the project in september after we got married. I think the pictures will help others who are doing the same thing. I actualy got a CD full of rebuilding picures from a fellow in USA, for free! Sometimes you actualy meet friendly people out there. Thank you Dough! I will ask him if I am alowed to post some of his pictures here.
This sunday I took some time to work on the AKKA2. I have ordered some new tubes. Bottom rear boom tube and rear support tubes. The old bottom tube had a ugly dent underneath. The support tubes was scuffed by the rudder steel wires. I will mount a nylon block on the tail boom to run the steel wires thru.
This homemade piece of shit on the tail is going. It’s heavy and unnecessary.
I am going to buy a lot of new AN-bolts.
This mess will be nice to clean up.
The Tierra steering yoke is like a I. Maybe I will mount a Tbird yoke that is like a T.
The instruments. I am going to buy modern engine electronic instruments. But the airspeed meter is going to be a analog traditional one in hi quality.
It will be interesting to get my hands on the electrics.
The engine mount.
The ailerons bellcrank on the roof.
Next time I will have it apart. And start the paint stripping.
Got some work done on my plane.
I found a tube that was a knick on it and bent. I have asked the tierra yahoo group for help. But I will of course change the tube anyway. I noticed that all the tube ends need reinforcement. So I will probably plug the ends with some light plastic material and spray the inside of the tube whit dinitrol anticorrosion grease. The main landing gear square tube need some welding att the end because a crack. It needs plugs to. There are some AN bolts who need to be replaced to. This is fun!
Bent tube T-Hobby
Removing the cage.
Using my vacation as much as I can. The workshop is getting there. I have also transported most of the airplane home. I am going to start whit the spring landing gear. I need some aluminium etching fluid and chromating fluid, Alodine. Before I can start repainting the tubes.